26 Feb What is the procedure for getting ISO certification?
Before you can get certified, you will first have to develop and document your delivery processes, implementing the correct procedures to ensure you can maintain your standards set out within your Manual and Objectives.
Here are the four essential steps to becoming an ISO-certified business.
- Develop your management system
- Identify your core or business processes.
- Document processes with the involvement of employees.
- Review, approve and distribute the documents to those who need access to the information.
- Implement your system
- Ensure procedures are being performed as they are described in your documentation.
- Ensure employees are trained properly for the tasks they are performing.
- Create effective reporting systems to cover inspection, testing, corrective actions, preventive actions, management review meetings, monitoring of objectives, statistical techniques and so on.
- Monitor the effectiveness of your processes through the use of measurable data, where possible.
- Review and take action to improve in the areas required.
- Verify that your system is effective
- Conduct the audit and review the processes and system for compliance and effectiveness. Observe, interview people and look at sample records.
- Identify and report strengths and weaknesses of the management system.
- Take corrective or preventive action as required.
- Register your system
- Select the appropriate auditing body for external registration.
- Submit your management system documentation for review to ensure it complies with the applicable standard.
- Prepare for review by an external auditor to confirm that the system’s requirements are being satisfied and that the management system is implemented effectively.
To make the process as easy as possible KCS can support you in the following way to meet all of these requirements. We work alongside Intertek (UKAS accredited global certification body) to ensure your Quality Management System (QMS) not only meets the requirements set out by ISO 9001 but also ensures you reap the benefits of adopting a process-based management system within your organisation. Our Service will help you prepare for the Pre-Certification Assessment and provide input and support leading up to Stage 1 and 2 Certification Audits and includes the following steps:
- Understand the standard, certification and business requirements
- Understand how adopting quality management will benefit your business
- Support you in ensuring your team understands the principles
- Review current business practice against ISO Requirements
- Prepare a GAP Analysis Report
- Implement processes, documented information, checks, controls and changes within your Organisation to meet the Standard
- Supporting you in Reviewing and Internally Auditing the new Management System to ensure it meets the standard’s requirements