20 May ISO14001
At KCS Compliance we support organisations implement and retain accreditations. The following sets out ISO 14001 and who may benefit from having this accreditation.
ISO 14001 is the most recognised international standard for environmental management systems. It is used worldwide. The nature of ISO 14001 allows it to be applied to the complete range of business sectors, scopes, and activities. It is a truly universal standard, which is one of its great benefits. It provides a framework through which an organisation can deliver environmental performance improvement in line with its environmental policy commitments.
The standard specifies requirements for how to proactively achieve the following intended outcomes:
- Identify and understand the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services and associated environmental impacts.
- Understand how significant aspects can be managed, implement necessary controls and set clear objectives to improve environmental performance.
- Establish its environmental policy and objectives.
- Manage its obligation to comply with applicable legal and requirements and other stakeholder obligations, and to regularly check the compliance status.
- Continually improve the management system to enhance its environmental performance.
ISO 14001 is designed to be compatible and harmonised with other recognised management system standards, including ISO 9001. It is therefore ideal for integration into existing management systems and processes.
Who Can Benefit From ISO14001? –
If you’d like to know more about ISO 14001 or any other accreditation, get in touch today and we can support you through the whole process to securing an accreditation relevant to your business.