07 Apr HSE updates COVID advice to employers
As certain businesses are set to reopen in the coming week, The HSE (Health & Safety Executive) have updated their advice to employers to help ensure workplaces are kept COVID-secure.
Some of the key points include:
- As we slowly come out of lockdown, it’s crucial to remember that many workplace controls remain unchanged and very important, such as social distancing, frequent cleaning, adequate ventilation and good hygiene.
- If your building was closed or has reduced occupancy during the pandemic, water system stagnation can occur due to lack of use, increasing the risks of Legionnaires’ disease
- Talking with your workforce about providing support and maintaining control measures is vital when people are returning to work
- Thorough examination and testing of equipment is crucial as restrictions are eased
- Adequate ventilation (including air conditioning) can help reduce risk of spreading coronavirus in workplaces