24 Feb Features and Benefits of ISO – what you really need to know
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is a global organisation that works to provide standardisation across an array of products and companies. Its main goal is to facilitate trade, but its focus is on process improvement, safety, and quality in several areas.
ISO International Standards help businesses of any size and sector reduce costs, increase productivity and access new markets.
Having an ISO certification is important because of its ability to promote growth, profitability, and cost savings. The benefit of reducing waste also allows your workforce to be more efficient and establish ongoing standards for improvement and sustainable customer success.
General benefits of ISO standards
- Defines what you do and recommends a process approach
- Defines roles and responsibilities for employees
- Win more high value business and assure customers of your service quality
- Adds value to your business holding a recognised accreditation
- Creates and sustains a culture of continual improvements
- Monitoring and Measuring Performance and Standards within your business
- Internationally recognised accreditation
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money and resources
- Improved operational performance will cut errors and increase profits
- Motivate and engage staff with more efficient internal processes
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
Three of the most commonly attained ISO accreditations:
Benefits of ISO 9001 certification include: – Quality Management System
- Suitable for both small and large organisations.
- Better internal management.
- Less wastage.
- Increase in efficiency, productivity and profit.
- Improved customer retention and acquisition.
- Consistent outcomes measured and monitored.
- Globally recognised standard
Benefits of ISO 14001 – Environment Management System
- 1) Improve your image and credibility. …
- 2) Help you comply with legal requirements. …
- 3) Improvement in cost control. …
- 4) Higher rate of success when implementing changes. …
- 5) Enable quicker improvement of processes. …
- 6) Reduce employee turnover.
Benefits of ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety System
- Positions your business as industry leaders. …
- Increases trust. …
- Consistency means efficiency. …
- Lowers insurance premiums. …
- Improves individual safety as well as organisational. …
- Improves managerial oversight. …
- Preventative risk and hazard assessment. …
- Increases return on investment (ROI)