17 May New UK Rules as Covid restrictions further ease
Today, the Government confirmed the go-ahead of Step-3 of easing Covid restrictions in England.
So, what are you now allowed to do?:
- Six people or two households can meet indoors
- Overnight stays will be allowed in groups of up to six people or two households
- Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can reopen indoors
- Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart
- Indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas, sports stadia and children’s play areas can reopen
- Performances and large events can restart, with limits on audience numbers
- Remaining outdoor entertainment, such as outdoor theatres and cinemas can open
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen
- Holidays abroad to green list countries allowed
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings and more than 30 can attend funerals
The new rules have been released with, ‘a heavy dose of caution’, said Prime Minister Boris Johnson, plus a reminder that everyone is allowed free access to two free rapid coronavirus tests per week and are urged to be vaccinated as soon as the opportunity is offered.